Information for providers of Access to Allied Psychological Services (ATAPS) services
The ATAPS program offers short term psychological interventions for eligible clients with mild to moderate mental health illness. Program tiers are intended to reach vulnerable target groups including children, people at low risk of suicide, people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and people with perinatal depression.
The general ATAPS tier is designated for people on low incomes who would otherwise be unable to access community based mental health support. Decisions as to eligibility are determined by the referrer - General Practitioners, Obstetricians, Pediatricians and Psychiatrists.
SEMPHN contracts a range of private mental health providers to deliver community based mental health services under the ATAPS guidelines. Providers are contracted subject to compliance with the requirements described in the ATAPS provider contracts.
Referrals need to be made via telephone to the designated intake line 1300 292 971.
ATAPS Forms and Information
- ATAPS provider instructions
- ATAPS referral and reporting process flowchart
- ATAPS first appointment notification template
- ATAPS provider report template - initial, progress, final
- ATAPS session report and invoice template
- ATAPS client consent form
- ATAPS client survey 'Your Experience of Service' (this replaces the former ATAPS client feedback form) - download and print
- ATAPS client survey 'Your Experience of Service' (this replaces the former ATAPS client feedback form) - online survey
- ATAPS client survey 'Your Experience of Service' - implementation guidelines
- ATAPS client information sheet
- List of Allied Health Professionals in Excel and PDF
- The ATAPS Operational guidelines
- ATAPS SPS guidelines
A provisional referral pathway is available to selected professionals. Provisional referrals are valid for two weeks and enable clients to access two sessions with a contracted ATAPS provider during which time the client is required to consult with a GP for a full mental health assessment. A provisional referral is not valid without a PIN allocated via the ATAPS intake line (1300 292 971). In order for further sessions to be allocated, the GP must complete a mental health treatment plan (or child treatment plan) and contact the intake line (1300 292 971) to request further sessions.
- ATAPS Provisional Referral Form
- Provisional Referral Information Sheet for Clients
- Provisional Referral Information Sheet for Providers
Referring to ATAPS
Referral intake line: 1300 292 971
Enquiries: 1300 421 604
Fax referrals are not accepted
To simplify the process for General Practitioners to refer to any mental health service, there are new combined GP mental health treatment plan and referral forms that can be imported into clinical practice software. These are available in the Resources section of this site.
For current SEMPHN providers of mental health services
Events and Education See all
We acknowledge the Kulin Nation who are the traditional custodians of the land our catchment covers. We pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and future, and uphold their relationship to this land.
While the Australian Government Department of Health has contributed to the funding of this website, the information on this website does not necessarily reflect the views of the Australian Government and is not advice that is provided, or information that is endorsed, by the Australian Government. The Australian Government is not responsible in negligence or otherwise for any injury, loss or damage however arising from the use of or reliance on the information provided on this website.