Information for Providers of Mental Health Nurse Incentive Program (MHNIP) services
The Mental Health Nurse Incentive Program (MHNIP) funds community-based general practices, private psychiatric practices and other appropriate organisations so they can employ mental health nurses to help provide coordinated clinical care for people with severe mental disorders.
Mental health nurses work with psychiatrists and general practitioners to provide services like monitoring a patient’s mental state, managing their medication and improving links to other health professionals and clinical service providers.
These services can be provided in a range of settings, like clinics or patients’ homes, at no cost to the patient.
The National MHNIP Guidelines provide information to organisations that provide MHNIP services.
MHNIP Generic forms:
- SEMPHN Client Consent Form
- SEMPHN Client Feedback Form
- SEMPHN First appointment notification template
- SEMPHN Client Transition Form
MHNIP Contracted Eligible Organisation Forms:
- SEMPHN EO MHNIP Flowchart (PDF file)
- EO_MHNIP_Session_Report_and_Invoice_Template (excel file)
- SEMPHN MHNIP EO Provider Instructions (PDF doc)
SEMPHN MHNIP Nurses Forms:
- SEMPHN MHNIP Nurse Flowchart (PDF file)
- SEMPHN_MHNIP_Nurses_Session_Report_and_Invoice_Template (excel file)
- SEMPHN MHNIP Nurses Instructions (PDF doc)
For current SEMPHN providers of mental health services
Events and Education See all
We acknowledge the Kulin Nation who are the traditional custodians of the land our catchment covers. We pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and future, and uphold their relationship to this land.
While the Australian Government Department of Health has contributed to the funding of this website, the information on this website does not necessarily reflect the views of the Australian Government and is not advice that is provided, or information that is endorsed, by the Australian Government. The Australian Government is not responsible in negligence or otherwise for any injury, loss or damage however arising from the use of or reliance on the information provided on this website.