Events and Education
Practice Management Masterclass
There is a growing need for today's practice manager to take an objective view of the practice, its performance and create business opportunities necessary for future success.
This workshop will introduce innovative and practical strategies that will assist you in creating and maintaining a successful medical practice.
- Mark Donato- Director/CEO, Medical Business Network
Mark has more than 30 years of experience in health, medicine and sport. He has proven expertise in strategy, change management, innovation, marketing, sales and business development.
- Brett McPherson- Manager, Consulting Services Medical Business Network
Brett is a life member and past National President of AAPM, and during the past 20 years has spent 12 years as a National Director. Brett has 25 years of experience in health practice management in across and wide range of practices
- Identify the difference between a 'Practice Manager' and a 'Business Manager'
- Outline the key profitability factors important in medical services
- Understand the importance of gathering critical information to analyse and evaluate the practices performance
- Describe 5 strategic areas that will assist in creating a successful medical service
- Articulate what success looks like for your organisation, and begin to formulate a business plan outlining the process for achieving that success.
- Let's look forward
- Sustainability & Capability
- Profitability & Viability
- Reputability & Accountability
- Putting it all together
Free. Only available for practice managers working in the SEMPHN catchment. Check your eligibility by entering your workplace's postcode in this PHN Locator.
Morning tea and lunch provided.
For further details
Stephenie Cook, Education Officer
or ring 8514 6609.
Register for event
Events and Education See all
We acknowledge the Kulin Nation who are the traditional custodians of the land our catchment covers. We pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and future, and uphold their relationship to this land.
While the Australian Government Department of Health has contributed to the funding of this website, the information on this website does not necessarily reflect the views of the Australian Government and is not advice that is provided, or information that is endorsed, by the Australian Government. The Australian Government is not responsible in negligence or otherwise for any injury, loss or damage however arising from the use of or reliance on the information provided on this website.