SEMPHN’s After Hours (AH) commissioning activities are guided by the Commonwealth Government’s AH objectives, which are to:
- increase the efficiency and effectiveness of AH primary care for patients, particularly those with limited access to health services
- improve access to AH primary care through effective planning, co-ordination and support for population-based after-hours primary care
- improve the availability of AH general practice services through working collaboratively with general practitioners.
After-hours innovation in primary care
Better Health Family Clinic in Hampton Park were successful via an open tender process to:
- extend bulkbilled Allied Health services in the After Hours’ period, including psychology, podiatry, physiotherapy, dietetics, wound care and minor procedures
- extend specialist respiratory clinic hours with services of a specialist from Monash Health
- open and operate a refugee and asylum seeker primary care clinic, and,
- raise community awareness of after hours’ services.
These services are contracted from 1 March 2019 to 31 October 2020.
Events and Education See all
South Eastern Melbourne PHN acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land our catchment covers, the Boon Wurrung and Wurundjeri people. We pay respect to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and future, and uphold their relationship to this land.
While the Australian Government Department of Health has contributed to the funding of this website, the information on this website does not necessarily reflect the views of the Australian Government and is not advice that is provided, or information that is endorsed, by the Australian Government. The Australian Government is not responsible in negligence or otherwise for any injury, loss or damage however arising from the use of or reliance on the information provided on this website.