Events and Education
Cultural Safety Training for Medical Health Professionals
This course is hosted by Dandenong and District Aborigines Co-operative Ltd (DDACL) and presented by AJ Williams-Tchen of
AJ is of Wiradjuri / Wotjobulak background and has over 30
- Identify factors that affect contemporary Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander clients & Families
- Discuss how history impacts on current health issues for Aboriginal people.
- Discuss evidence based practical strategies to assist working with Aboriginal clients and families.
- Implement system based models and social theories of practice.
This is a RACGP Accredited CPD Activity event - 40 Points. Activity Code: 183069.
The training is provided at no cost but registration is essential. Morning tea, a light lunch and afternoon tea will be provided.
Further details & pre-program requirements
This course takes participants on a journey through PowerPoint presentations, films, discussions and experiential learning opportunities.
The following pre-reading documents will assist with key learnings within the workshop:
- Article 1 (pre-reading) - Caring for country
- Article 2 (pre-reading) - Experience of providing cultural safety in mental health to Aboriginal patients: A grounded theory
- Article 3 (pre-reading) - The power of talk
For more information please contact Caroline on (03) 8902-9700, Mob: 0438 125 752 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, 5 August 2020
9:00 - 16:30
Allied Health Professional, General Practitioner, Medical Specialist, Nurse - Practice Nurse, Nurse - Mental health, Nurse - Other, Pharmacist, Practice Manager, Psychologist
Register for event
Events and Education See all
South Eastern Melbourne PHN acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land our catchment covers, the Boon Wurrung and Wurundjeri people. We pay respect to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and future, and uphold their relationship to this land.
While the Australian Government Department of Health has contributed to the funding of this website, the information on this website does not necessarily reflect the views of the Australian Government and is not advice that is provided, or information that is endorsed, by the Australian Government. The Australian Government is not responsible in negligence or otherwise for any injury, loss or damage however arising from the use of or reliance on the information provided on this website.