We want to hear the stories of people in our communities, can you help?
Wednesday, 19 June 2019
Communicating community needs, sharing stories, understanding health behaviour
South Eastern Melbourne PHN funds health services to help people in our catchment.
It’s our job to help make sure that people who need health care the most, get the help they need. Every year, we look at the health needs of the people in our region using hundreds of data sources. Hospitals, GPs, community health, members of the public – they all contribute to this pool of information. This information helps us decide how to fund services for our community.
Not surprisingly, some groups of people have higher needs than others. For example, people with chronic disease or multiple health issues.
To help understand some of the complexities associated with these groups, we are developing ‘personas’.
A persona is a fictional user, based on real-world observations of actual or potential users.
The personas we create will be used by SEMPHN to design better fitting services for people in high need. The personas will be depicted as a series of presentations including audio interviews, quotes, photos (not of people) and/or illustrations to help tell the story of people in our catchment, including how they tend to use and navigate health services.
We need your help to identify and reach out to people to interview, to develop the personas.
Potential participants will be screened via phone call, to determine their suitability to participate.
- Receive a $200 EFTPOS voucher for their participation in a two-hour interview, at a location they’re comfortable in
- Not be identifiable in the final product, if they choose not to be (a video interview is an option, but not essential)
- Give informed consent, and be able to withdraw their involvement at any time
- Be appropriately supported, should the interview affect them in any way. This includes having a support person present at the interview if they wish.
You can help by:
- Reaching out to your contacts with this information
- Printing and posting the client posters in areas where your clients might see them during June and July.
We are looking for people with specific experiences. Do you know someone like the people below?
Events and Education See all
South Eastern Melbourne PHN acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land our catchment covers, the Boon Wurrung and Wurundjeri people. We pay respect to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and future, and uphold their relationship to this land.
While the Australian Government Department of Health has contributed to the funding of this website, the information on this website does not necessarily reflect the views of the Australian Government and is not advice that is provided, or information that is endorsed, by the Australian Government. The Australian Government is not responsible in negligence or otherwise for any injury, loss or damage however arising from the use of or reliance on the information provided on this website.