Open tender: provide support directly after a suicide attempt
Friday, 17 January 2020
SEMPHN is pleased to invite organisations to tender for the delivery of The Way Back Support Service in a consortium with Beyond Blue and Monash Health, within the Local Government Areas of City of Casey and City of Greater Dandenong.
The Way Back Support Service is designed to provide follow-up care, and practical support to individuals who present at Casey or Dandenong Hospital Emergency Departments after a suicide attempt or who are experiencing a suicidal crisis.
Knowing that suicide is the 14th leading cause of death in Australia, SEMPHN aims to reduce the impact of depression, anxiety and suicidality through The Way Back Support Service.
About The Way Back Support Service
- The service uses a non-clinical, assertive outreach service model focused on connecting people with informal and formal supports by providing guidance, encouragement, motivation and follow-up support.
- The intervention is time limited, with support provided within a three-month period immediately following a suicide attempt.
- Support provided to people will be collaborative and complementary to existing services to avoid duplication and confusion of service provision.
- 17 January: Tender opens in eProcure
- 4 February: Information session at 15 Corporate Drive, Heatherton
- 10 February: Questions close at 3pm in eProcure
- 17 February: Tender closes at 3pm in eProcure
- Late February: Outcomes advised
- 1 March 2020 - 31 June 2022: Contract period
Register and apply for this tender
All questions have to be submitted via SEMPHN's eProcure.
All tenders must be submitted via SEMPHN's eProcure.
Events and Education See all
South Eastern Melbourne PHN acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land our catchment covers, the Boon Wurrung and Wurundjeri people. We pay respect to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and future, and uphold their relationship to this land.
While the Australian Government Department of Health has contributed to the funding of this website, the information on this website does not necessarily reflect the views of the Australian Government and is not advice that is provided, or information that is endorsed, by the Australian Government. The Australian Government is not responsible in negligence or otherwise for any injury, loss or damage however arising from the use of or reliance on the information provided on this website.