SEMPHN is working to increase cancer screening participation rates for the three national cancer screening programs: bowel, breast and cervical cancer. The focus is on population groups in local government areas who have never been screened or are overdue for a cancer screen.
Key commissioning activities:
Since 2016, SEMPHN has commissioned two organisations to increase participation rates in the three National Cancer Screening Programs; bowel, breast and cervical cancer. They are:
Cancer Council Victoria
From 2016 to 2018, Cancer Council Victoria was commissioned to deliver the following activities:
- Cancer Screening in General Practice project: implementing a systematic approach using Hot Doc Smart recall and reminders solution,
- Educate and upskill health professionals about policy changes in the National Cervical Cancer Screening Program, and
- Improve cancer screening (bowel, breast and cervical) rates in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
In 2018, Breast Screen Victoria was commissioned to deliver the following strategies to increase breast cancer screening rates:
- Improve access to Mobile Screening Services by building community capacity and engaging with workforces, and
- Re-engage women that have lapsed in their screening and increase breast cancer screenings rates in cultural and linguistically diverse communities.
See more information about cancer screening for General Practice and Health Professionals.
Events and Education See all
We acknowledge the Kulin Nation who are the traditional custodians of the land our catchment covers. We pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and future, and uphold their relationship to this land.
While the Australian Government Department of Health has contributed to the funding of this website, the information on this website does not necessarily reflect the views of the Australian Government and is not advice that is provided, or information that is endorsed, by the Australian Government. The Australian Government is not responsible in negligence or otherwise for any injury, loss or damage however arising from the use of or reliance on the information provided on this website.